Monday, November 28, 2011

home for the holidays

I just had an amazing visit here back in Saskatoon! I had the chance to unexpectedly come back home for American Thanksgiving. It has been such a blessing to be around familiar places, people, and things! I haven't ever truly lived outside of Canada for more than a few weeks, so I haven't really experienced missing my country. I can no longer say that. Even though I was only home for a few days, I got to throw a great surprise birthday party for my dear Cody (he was completely shocked), have great visits with friends, be with my family, relax, set up some Christmas decorations, and participate in the first advent supper!
I am excited, however, to head back to Denver. There are sweet things ahead in our program! On December 17th, we are headed out on our outreach to Honduras and Nicaragua! How amazing!! We affectionately like to call our team the Nicaduras team. Since I am in Nicaragua for Christmas. I had Christmas in November. Oh home sweet home! Here are a couple of pictures from my visit:
I will try to keep updating this blog. I apologize for my lack of diligence in keeping it up to date. Especially when I am on my mission, I will try to do better!

No comments: