Thursday, October 6, 2011

cruise control to colorado

 Here are some pictures from my road trip down to Denver Colorado with my beautiful mother!
19 hours of driving is a lot!
We stayed at a neat old hotel in Rapid City, South Dekota! Just beside it was an incredible alley filled with a ton of "grafitti" art work! It was incredible! I even got to spray paint my initials (and it wasn't illegal!)
 
More cool things in Rapid City (we could've spent our whole trip there)
 We ate some delicious greek pizza at this wine and cellar restaurant and then made our way the next morning to see the faces of Georgie, Theo, Tommy and Abe!
 View of Mount Rushmore through our bugged windshield.
Mom holding one of the drills they used on the mountain's construction (it was EXTREMELY heavy!)
 Mother Hen looking as esteemed as the presidents themselves!
Me picking Abraham Lincoln's nose, looking slightly less esteemed.
 I live in the states now!
 You can't go to Mount Rushmore and not get a picture like this one!
 Among the greats!
We went to a place called the Red Rocks Amphitheatre in a suburb outside of Denver called Golden. It's a bit like the Gorge by Quincy Washington State. It was a natural amphitheatre. There were probably 60 people who came JUST to work out. It was fun, and rather cool. Not to mention the crazy high altitude!
 After that, we went to the Denver Aquarium! They didn't have any really big sea creatures like whales or anything, but it was still really really fun!
 However, they DID have on-site Mermaids who put on a show!
Cody Tillman, These two pictures are for you. THEY HAD OTTERS! They were snuggling in their little den off to the side of their exhibit. It was adorable, and it made me miss you.
ps: I hang out with the stuffed otter (star shine) you bought me every day.
One mile above Sea Level in Downtown Denver at the state capitol! Featuring Vivy as Vanna White!
 Dearest Mother Bear, thank you for the aaahhhh-mazing roadtrip! I am so blessed to have a mom who will drive me 19 hours all the way down to Denver, and who will take me to the zoo even when I am 19! 
I love you so much!

1 comment:

Marion said...

Great photos and looks like it was an amazing journey! Hope all goes well in Colorado Gillian. Love you. Aunt Mar